Managing Outdoor Play in the Mainstream School Setting
“Thanks for today. I gained some real insights into constructivism, choosing my language when responding to play, as well as some gems regarding planning invitations and writing learning stories. Have been thinking about some rituals I might begin and am interested in future play training! It was just wonderful to be part of this group and look forward to more adventures as an advanced practitioner in play”
Toni Howard, Matua Ngaru School, Auckland.
This workshop is designed for schools who understand the importance of having children play both inside the classroom, but who may need support to extend play into the outdoor environment. Content includes:
- Practical ways to make the most of your outdoor areas
- Dealing with the challenges of children playing outside – risk assessment/ health and safety compliance
- The importance of secret places
- Creating conditions that link with the NZ curriculum – key competencies and learning areas.
- How to plan for outside play.
- What does the teacher do when children are playing outside?
2020 Dates & Venues
Auckland: Venue to be confirmed
15 February 2020
**Registrations Now Open**
$220 + GST per person
9.00am – 3.00pm