This webinar is an introduction to play pedagogy and its importance for students in the senior primary school setting (Years 4 – 8).
This webinar will examine:
- what play looks like for older kids,
- how it differs from younger children’s play;
- understanding and applying concepts of student agency and self-directed learning;
- understanding key developmental stages for older kids and the impact of these on their learning opportunities
- the links between play and other forms of learning, such as inquiry, STEM/STEAM, Genius Hour, Maker Space, Project-based or Passion projects and,
- the role the teacher has in supporting play at this level.
- the tension between achieving a balance between explicit acts of teaching and self-directed,
- planning, assessment and documentation requirements are in a play-based setting for senior kids.