About The Event
This workshop is for teachers of senior primary school students wanting to understand play pedagogy and how to integrate this into their classroom program.
Content will include:
- What play looks like for older kids, and how it differs from younger children’s play
- Understanding and applying concepts of student agency and self-directed learning
- Understanding key developmental stages for older kids and the impact of these on their learning opportunities
- Understanding the link between play and other forms of learning, such as inquiry, STEM/STEAM, Genius Hour, Maker Space, Passion Projects etc
- Examining the resources needed to respond to self-directed inquiry by students
- Discussing the role of the teacher in supporting play at this level
- Planning, Assessment and Documentation
- Achieving a balance between explicit acts of teaching and self-directed, child-led learning opportunities
Teachers, senior leaders, teacher aides of students years four to eight.
When and Where:
30 August 2023: Auckland: 9.30am – 3.30 pm
$180 + GST (includes morning tea and all course notes/handouts)